I was asked to give some tips on sewing the dresses more quickly... so here goes
1. Don't compare your dresses to others dresses. I have a ruffler and can add this cute accent in about 7 minutes. Now if you do not have a ruffler that same accent will take maybe 45 minutes. Sew you need to decide how to use your time.
2. Be organized. Have everything you need out and ready as you start your sewing. I even have extra pairs of scissors, extra pin cushions and extra measuring tools around my sewing room so I am never looking for that item. I also set up my iron and have it turned on as I start sewing.
3. Sew more than one dress at a time. It is faster to cut out several tubes and then sew the seam on several tubes and then cut several armhole, etc than it is to finish one dress at a time.
4. Your first dress will take the longest as you are figuring out how to sew this project and you will just naturally get faster as you sew more dresses.
5. Check out this pocket tutorial which will save time on making your pockets
6. Check out these tips and guild lines so that you make the best dress possible
7. Have Fun!!