Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Challenging Myself

Someone recently asked me how I keep from getting bored making the same pattern of dress...

Well, here is answer... I keep challenging myself.  I try fabric combinations I haven't used.  I add different touches on the pockets or on the bottom (like the scalloped edges I just made).  Today I saw a discounted Jelly Roll and decided to try making dresses.  I made two dresses... one size 5 and one size two.




As I was sewing these dresses I kept thinking of the Dolly Parton song "Coat of Many Colors" and was praying for the little girls that will receive these dresses.  I am sew glad my brother introduced me to Rachel!!  If you would like to join us in this project just email me at

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love these dresses Suzanne! You amaze me with your creativity. Wish we lived nearby so I could sew with you!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

I just found this pinned on Pinterest. I love these jelly roll dresses! Always new ideas on your blog for designing dresses.