Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Challenge

I decided to make aprons for my sponsored ladies in Uganda.  Sponsoring a woman is a one year commitment of $36 per month.  The lady receives English, math and reading instruction.  She is also given a hoe, seeds and the training to grow food.  Then she receives instruction in the Biblical Principles of operating a business.  During this program the lady presents her business plan and is counseled and mentored to reach her goals.  At the end of the year there is a graduation celebration with gifts and a very special visit to a restaurant.  For many of these women it is the first time they have been to a restaurant.  This sponsorship program not only impacts the ladies life but also the lives of her children and grandchildren.  Here is my first apron...


Now I would like to challenge 12 people to join together and the sponsor one lady...

Here is a link with more info


 If you are interested in this... email me and give me your committment to send $36 for one month.

I will commit to the first month and now I only need 11 of you to join me

You can commit as an individual or as a sewing group

Let's help change the life of a woman in Uganda!!


No comments: