Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Dreary Saturday Afternoon in Seattle

What to do on a cloudy and cool Saturday afternoon... how about sewing!!  Today, I made four dresses for little girls.  The first two are made out of wonderful fabric donated by Bug Fabric, an online fabric retailer...


This fabric is bright and has an adorable gecko pattern... coming in several colors including the cream that I used for the ruffle, pocket and straps.  Speaking of other colors I also made one in green...


Since the geckos are in several colors I had my choice of contrasting rick rack, lace and bias tape.  For this dress I chose blue but I also have other green gecko dresses in the works with yellow, orange and red contrasts.  After I finished these two dresses I decided to challenge myself with a solid colored pillowcase.


Purple was my color of choice and I decided to pair it with a white eyelet ruffle, pocket and bias tape... simple but hopefully special for a little girl!  Next I used up the last of a sheet to make a 
soft burnt orange dress...


These four dresses are going, along with sixteen others, to Cameroon.  This is the first time that dresses from Washington have gone to Cameroon and I am sew excited to have Lois taking them in two weeks.  

Thanks to all the people who have made recent donations.  I was talking to one of my sewers this week and she said that she thinks she is addicted to sewing dresses for little girls.  I have to agree that helping these little ones is sew much fun and yes I am also addicted!!




No comments: