Thursday, December 8, 2011

Talking to Myself

I have had fun sewing this last week or so... I have made quite a few dresses.  Someone asked me how I make sew many dresses?  Well, I think that I am a fairly fast sewer and as I am sewing and choosing fabrics I talk to myself and challenge myself to make more dresses for little girls and to make the cutest dresses I can... quickly.


If someone gives me fabric or pillowcases I want to get at least one dress made so they can see it. 
This dress is made from a set of pillowcases a stranger bought for me in Ross Dress for Less last week



If I have scraps or smaller pieces I challenge myself to put them together to create a dress
These pieces came from a donation after an estate sale

another dress from the estate sale donation

mixing and matching what I have



If I have fabric that normally would be not be used for little girls I challenge myself to make it cute
Black is always a fun challenge

And more black



If I find a good price on a sheet or bedskirt I challenge myself on how many dresses can I make
8 out of this $6.99 sheet

7 out of this $4.99 bedskirt



And discount t-shirt
Finding them is a challenge
$0.50 from thrift shop

$1.50 from Ross

$1.50 from Ross

Sew this is what I do...
I talk to myself and I sew

If you would like to challenge me to sew with something you have just email me 


4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Suzanne, you are the cleverest girl! I'm SEW impressed! You should be very proud - these dresses are adorable! You're going to make us "regular" pc dress sewers look like slackers!

hugs,
ingrid

Twiglet said...

Those dresses are really gorgeous - clever you. I love the way you have used the T shirts. I will try that idea after Christmas when I start on my dresses again. x Jo

Suzanne said...

Never!! Every dress I have seen is sew special,,, and sewn with love!!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You are very talented at matching fabrics!!! All are adorable.