Monday, October 31, 2011

Storage Ideas

I am sew thankful for all of the donated fabrics that we have received!!  The one problem is I need to come up with storage ideas so that the fabrics are not on the floor and also so that they are easily accessible.  We have been given quite a few smaller pieces of fabric and I came up with idea of using shoe storage panels for this.  These hang over the the door and store many fat quarters.  I can organize them by color so they are very easy to coordinate.


Here is where I spend a great deal of my time!!


Please Keep on sewing!!!


3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

That's a great idea! I have a shoe organiser behind my sewing room door, to hold ric rac, elastic, ribbons, etc. It works well.

Suzanne said...

Yes and it also inspires me to take out material and sew because all of those beautiful colors greet me as I enter the room!!

Thelma from Indiana said...

I realize this is an old post of yours. But I wanted you to know I used this idea this summer and I absolutely love it:) Thank you. I never would have thought of this on my own.