Sunday, September 4, 2011

Using Every Kind of Fabric

We had a large number of fat quarters donated to us... so what to do with them?  I found two coordinating fabrics and sewed them together in vertical stripes... I made one of the stripes 5" and the other 3" just for interest.  Then when I cut out the arm holes I made sure that the yellow fabric was at one side and the flowered was at the other... this made the cutest little pocket.  And to finish it off I added blue bias tape and blue rick rack.  Here is the final product.



Thank you to the wonderful estate sale that donated all of these fat quarters.  I have another pattern that I want to try with them and will post the results soon.  If you would like to help just email me at suzannesewdelightful@gmail.com




3 comments:

Annie said...

What a brilliant way to combine smaller pieces of fabric. Thanks for sharing.
A x

Suzanne said...

Thanks Annie!!

Cathy said...

Hi there, could you let me know if you have anyone sewing these dresses near Vancouver, BC Canada? I have fabric I would like to donate. Thanks!

cathy.erickson1@gmail.com